2013 Session Panelists:
- Food Security and Land Discussions –
- Myrtle Thompson-Curtis and Wayne Curtis (Feedom Freedom Growers),
- Phil Jones (Colors),
- Shane Bernardo (Earthworks and Day Project),
- Michelle Jackson (Sustainable Community Farms/Small Ville Learning Farms)
- Eitan Sussman (Keep Growing Detroit)
Evening – Food Security and land discussion (facilitated by Tawana Petty):
Questions to the panel included:
- What does food security mean to you?
- How would you relate community land trust to food security and growing food?
- Do you think of land as sacred? How would you relate that to movement building?
- How do you relate growing food to building community?
Questions from the audience included: how build solidarity; the question of redressing stolen land; and reflections on the Whole Foods.